The Outpatient Therapist is responsible for performing a wide variety of therapeutic activities as directed by the Program Director and the Clinical Director. The Outpatient Therapist will be responsible for providing mental health and substance abuse counseling to children, adolescents, adults and/or families. Some of the services that the therapist will be responsible for performing include, but are not limited to individual, family and group therapy, therapeutic behavioral on-site services, psychosocial assessments, psychological testing and any other document or service which is deemed necessary or is required by Chrysalis policy. This individual collaborates with the multidisciplinary treatment team to formulate the individualized treatment plan, to review the treatment plan, and assists in coordinating discharge planning. This position has the responsibility of providing individual and family services in the community –schools and homes. The Outpatient Therapist must be computer literate and have proficiency with the internet, online applications, and email. Strong written communication and interpersonal skills are a must. The principal functions of the position identified shall not be considered as a complete description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be inherent in the position.
POSITION’S ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides mental health and substance abuse services according to discipline standards and in accordance to policies and procedures
- Completes required clinical paperwork within specified timeframe
- Knowledge of the Medicaid manual and all updated revisions
- Maintain ongoing chart audits to ensure compliance and quality assurance of services provided
- Knowledge of DSM-IV
- Proficiency in utilizing community resources as supportive services and discharge planning
- Serves as a liaison for the client, family, referral source and other social service agencies
- Computer literate of the internet, online applications, and email.
If you require Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations to participate, please notify Rochelle Rattray, (954) 587 – 1008 ext 1021 within at least seven (7) days.
The Chrysalis Center is committed to maintaining a Drug-Free Workplace in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
The Chrysalis Center offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and to all employees regardless of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.