||Plante & Moran, PLLC
||4 Year Degree
||4 to 6 years
||Send Email Now
Plante and Moran was founded by Elorion Plante in 1924 and a partnership with Frank Moran was established in 1950. We are now the 12th largest certified public accounting and management consulting firm according to Public Accounting Report
Plante & Moran, PLLC is committed to helping our clients and staff thrive. With more than 1,600 staff, and a network of offices throughout Michigan, Ohio and Illinois, we deliver outstanding technical advice coupled with dedicated local service.
For more information, please visit our website at www.plantemoran.jobs
If you are looking for a JOB, try another firm. We ONLY offer CAREERS.
WARNING: Be sure to read through the following in its entirety. After all, this is only your career you’re working with. We don’t play around with something as fragile as this.
Finally, a place where you can safely invest in your career…
For 15 consecutive years, Plante Moran has been recognized as one of the nation’s “100 Best Companies To Work For" by FORTUNE magazine — providing unsurpassed opportunity and an unequaled culture to talented, self-motivated individuals who have a passion to serve and a hunger to thrive. It's hard to explain what makes a great firm. We think it has to do with the people, our benefits, and the overriding culture that guides them. It's a unique balance of achievement, teamwork, caring, and an unofficial 'relatively jerk-free' policy. It makes us different. It makes us better. It helps us thrive.
Plante Moran is the 12th largest accounting and management consulting firm in the nation. Our rapid growth and increasing demands for our services has created a need for a highly motivated individual to join our Client Accouting Services team as a Staff Accountant in our Downtown Chicago office.
- Keeps records of financial transactions for client, using calculator and computer
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger
- Reconciles and balances accounts
- May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business
- Calculate employee wages from records or time cards and prepare checks for payment of wages
- Prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- May establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- May devise, implement and manipulate manual or computer-based system for general accounting.
- May review data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, surplus, income, and expenditures and analyze petty cash, accounts receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and cancelled checks
- May compute monthly billings to clients
- Encouraged to make recommendations when appropriate regarding improving operations and financial position of company
- Develops ideas to assist clients with operational and control opportunities
- Works to develop relationships with clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities
- Develop client presentations and participate in selling opportunities
- May assist in the preparation of business tax returns
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have 4-6+ years of full charge bookkeeper/staff accountant experience including Account reconciliations and workpaper preparation experience
- 4 years minimum experience with computerized accounting systems, including:
- General ledger through financial statement -
- Experience with QuickBooks, Peachtree and/or Creative Solutions preferred
- Fixed assets and depreciation -
- Experience with FX and/or FAS preferred
- Payroll, including preparation of quarterly and annual payroll tax filings
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including Excel, Word (Access not required, but preferred)
- Ability to travel to client locations throughout the Detroit tri-county area
- Must be able to remain in a stationary sitting position for at least 75% of the time.
- Person in position needs to occasionally move about the inside of the office to access machinery, cabinets, etc.
- Person in position frequently communicates with staff who have inquires. Must be able to exchange information in these situations.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. – specific job duties may require additional lifting to move, transport, position and install equipment
- Occasional moving & lifting of equipment; bending, lifting, climbing required to position self to maintain computers during engagements
- Ability to travel, work overtime is required
The skills, knowledge and abilities that are desirable in a candidate that would enable an individual to excel in this position include:
- Think analytically to respond to complex inquiries
- Understand and apply GAAP theories and procedures
- Ability to identify and resolve financial and payroll issues
- Assist in the efforts to manage day to day activities of the engagement and effectively meet and exceed the client needs and expectations
- Enjoy complex and challenging project work and willing to work on a variety of strategic, financial, and operational projects
- Highly motivated and take ownership of personal and professional growth and development
- Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to successfully interact with clients and other professionals to effectively deliver quality professional services to clients
- Client service orientation combined with creative problem solving skills; strong written and oral communication skills; the ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
- Ability to travel locally
Travel & Hours
- This is an exempt position that may require some Saturday work hours and overtime during workweek.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near Downtown Chicago or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
- Some travel is required with this position.
There’s no place like Plante Moran.
Those outside Plante Moran know it as the 12th largest public accounting and business advisory firm in the nation. Insiders know us as the place where opportunity thrives. At Plante Moran, we define “opportunity" with three simple words: Challenge, Experience, and Growth. By diligently finding ways to insert these concepts into our work, we keep staff at every level of our firm on a steady path to the top of their game and the realization of their professional and personal goals.
Why wait, when you can play a major role in developing your career!
If your background experience matches the qualifications of this position and you are interested in pursuing this career, then inquire within. You never know where the next click may take you; it could potentially lead you to the career you have always desired!
Last, but not least…
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- We only accept electronic applications. Therefore, those who apply directly to a position and submit their resumes through our applicant tracking system will be considered.
- Plante Moran does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Plante Moran will not pay a fee related to unsolicited resumes received from search firms or employment agencies and the unsolicited resumes will become the property of Plante & Moran. Plante Moran will not agree to any contrary terms related to unsolicited resumes.
- Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by a Staffing Consultant.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
- Plante Moran is committed to a workplace that provides equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Plante Moran will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Plante Moran does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Thanks for expressing interest in this career opportunity and also interest in Plante Moran.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.