Home Laundry Appliance Repair Technician (Norridge/ N Chicago, IL)
Join the vision and values of sears.
We understand that a strong culture is the heartbeat of every corporation and a key to success. Our culture is driven by the five key pillars of our strategy. These five key pillars sharpen our vision and clearly define what it will take to achieve it.
The Five Key Pillars of Our Strategy
- Creating lasting relationships with customers by empowering them to manage their lives
- Attaining best in class productivity and efficiency
- Building our brands
- Reinventing the company continuously through technology and innovation
- Reinforcing "The SHC Way" by living our values every day
We are committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships.
This position is responsible for the repair of products in the customer’s home. Products repaired include the following home appliances: Washers & Dryers, Gas & Electric Stoves, Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Trash Compactors, Garbage Disposers and other home appliances. This position provides timely and quality repairs of customers’ products while maintaining high customer service. Additionally, technicians promote and sell additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the company. We provide a service van, specialized tools, uniforms, laptop computer, cell telephone, and periodic training.
For additional information about this position, email: [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or call our recruitment hotline at 1-877-827-9419.
Please take a moment and view our “day in a life of a repair technician video” at this link: Click here to See yourself at sears (Appliance Tech video)
To provide the proper customer focus, the In-Home Service Technician must: •Work as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer •Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments •Successfully complete all Technician II training elements within required timeframes •Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals as defined by the business •Provide knowledgeable and courteous repair service •Continuously look for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience •Follow the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, etc.) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer •Provide direction to a Technical Helper, as applicable •Ability to receive truck stock at home if the company vehicle is retained at the technician’s place of residence or other designated location. •Mentor other technicians, as applicable •Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards •Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep a clean, organized truck •Adhere to all company policies and procedures •Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
About Sears Home Services
- it's one way that we distinguish ourselves from other retailers. With over 8,600 service technicians making more than 11 million service calls annually, this business delivers a broad range of retail-related residential and commercial services in all 50 states and Puerto Rico under the Sears Parts & Repair Services and A&E Factory Service brand names. Commercial and residential customers can obtain parts and repair services for all major brands of products such as home appliances, lawn and garden equipment, home electronics, floor-care products, and heating and cooling systems. Smaller items for repair can be brought into Sears Parts & Repair Centers located throughout the United States or to any Sears Full-line Store. Customers can also purchase service contracts, product protection agreements, product installation services and Kenmore residential heating and cooling systems.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Report this job
- Company: Sears Roebuck and Co.
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Norridge, IL 60656
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Other Great Industries
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: General Labor
Installation - Maint - Repair
Skilled Labor - Trades
- Req'd Education: High School
- Req'd Experience: None
At Sears Holdings Corporation, diversity is considered to be 'business as usual'. We are representative of the rich diversity of culture, people, and ideas that are America. Deeply embedded in the culture of Sears Holdings are our Vision, Mission, Pace, and Values expressing our value of a diverse associate culture. We share ideas, communicate honestly, and respect each other. This is the Sears Holdings Corporation formula for success.