PennyMac® (Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company) is a family of companies that provides a full range of residential mortgage services. Since beginning in 2008, PennyMac has quickly emerged as a leading mortgage lending company, currently servicing a portfolio of over 100,000 home loans and originating approximately $3 billion in new home loans every month. Our mission is simply to provide innovative mortgage solutions for borrowers and in so doing help restore public trust and confidence in a long-term sustainable housing market across the U.S. Our focus and commitment is to provide the highest levels of excellence and ethical standards in everything we do. As we continue to grow, we’re looking for experienced and highly motivated mortgage professionals who share our values and commitment and want to participate in a professional environment built on a culture of trust, collaboration, open communications where contributions are highly valued and recognized. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and opportunities for career development in a high-growth, progressive organization. Please visit our website at www.pennymacusa.com
to learn more.
Come Join Us
In this position, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to:
- Use your underwriting skills to the fullest degree
- Expand your skills with comprehensive FHA and VA training
- Opportunity for DE sponsorship at our expense
- Enjoy flexible office work hours
- Increase your earnings with overtime and bonus incentives
- Advance your career in a high-growth, progressive organization
Underwrite various types of mortgage loans per established company and investor guidelines. Major responsibilities include:
- Underwrite a full range of mortgage loans including conventional, government and jumbo loans.
- Provide credit/underwriting guidance to internal and external processing and sales staff.
- Ensure loans comply with all Federal, State, and local statutes. Ensure that loans meet investor and PennyMac standards.
- Meet all established quantity objectives while maintaining quality standards.
- Participate on research projects related to loan level and credit policy issues.
- Min 3 years of mortgage underwriting experience in a retail, wholesale or correspondent lending environment.
- Min 2 years experience underwriting borrowers with complex financial and income statements.
- Min 2 years experience preparing cash flows on trusts, partnerships, s-corporations and corporations.
- Active DE designation is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with government lending is a plus
- Experience working with automated loan origination systems.
- Proficiency with automated underwriting systems such as Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector.
- Functional knowledge of state and federal agency mortgage loan guidelines and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, highly detailed, with the ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- College degree or comparable work experience preferred
PennyMac is an Equal Opportunity Employer