Dawn Food Products, Inc. is the world's largest privately owned, global bakery supplier with annual sales of over $1 billion, and over 4,000 people working in more than 40 countries. We have operations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada and Holland. Dawn's proven recipe for success is built on our Circle of Excellence that includes: outstanding, hard working People who develop and produce consistently high-quality Products that exceed the expectations of our Customers around the world. Our culture drives global growth by embracing diversity while encouraging constant learning and continuous professional development. Dawn People enjoy great benefits, competitive wages and an excellent working environment. Dawn Food Products is an equal employment opportunity company.
Outside sales representative is responsible for providing a high level of sales, service and product knowledge to our customers as well as grow business within his/her designated territory. This position covers the Sacramento area.
- Must meet or exceed budgeted sales numbers and gross profit dollars for their territory, grow business at existing accounts and continuously seek out and open new accounts.
- Distribution Sales Reps (DSR) are Dawn team members that work outside of the Dawn facility and report directly to the Sales Manager.
- They are commissioned team members paid within the parameters of the Dawn Corporate commission structure.
- Minimum of one year bakery/food service sales experience or previous outside sales experience in a commission compensation.
- Possess the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and follow up with co-workers and customers,
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals,
- Must be able to understand and calculate margins,
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions or given direction,
- Self starter,
- Proficient in selling skills,
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred. Additional Responsibilities: Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office;
- Maintain a high level of customer service;
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively;
- Ability to adjust to change with very little disruption;
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
Dawn Food Products got its start nearly a century ago when two
bakers opened a small bakery in Jackson, Michigan. This little bakery quickly became famous for its donuts. Soon bakers from other parts of the country wanted the formula. Rather than give the formula away, the unassuming entrepreneurs decided to
blend the secret recipe themselves and sell the mix to other bakers. By 1920, they were selling more mix than donuts, so they sold the bakery and began the nation's first industrial bakery mix company, which they named the Dawn Donut Company after the time of day when bakers do their work.
In 1935, during a difficult era when commodities were scarce and many businesses were failing, Marlin Jones joined the company. Marlin discovered that by traveling to agricultural areas, he could arrange with farmers to commit their fields of grain to Dawn. Thanks to Marlin’s efforts, the company was still healthy when World War II ended in 1945. Then, in 1955, Marlin purchased the company.