- Company:Firestone Complete Auto Care
- Base Pay: N/A
- Other Pay:
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
- Manage Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Automotive
- Required Education:Not Specified
- Required Experience:Not Specified
- Required Travel:Not Specified
- Reference ID:US-7417
- Location: Chicago, IL 60630
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. The store locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Expert Tire, and Wheel Works. With 2,200 locations across America and over $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. Learn more!
Job Responsibilities of Automotive Technician:
• Assisting technician mechanics in performing technical activities.
• Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
• Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
• Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
• Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
• Maintains an organized neat and safe bay.
Entry Level Mechanic / Technician
• Maintains an organized neat and safe bay.
• 1-2 years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience to succeed in this position.
• A high level of motivation and energy and strong customer service skills are also required.
Senior Mechanic / Automotive Technician
• At least 2-3 years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience
• 3 ASE certifications are preferred for this position.
• You’ll also need a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
Lead Mechanic / Master Technician
• 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem- solving and repair experience as you mentor and teach Teammates while discussing problems with customers
• You will also need strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.
• 5 ASE certifications are preferred.
• Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
• Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
• We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
• We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, “One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.'
• Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC. (BSRO) operates the world’s largest chain of company-owned auto care centers. Through its 2,200 Firestone Complete Auto Care™, Tires Plus™, Expert Tire and Wheel Works retail locations across the United States, BSRO owned stores address the needs of today’s consumers.
For customers with a fleet of company-owned vehicles, BSRO operates Firestone Complete Fleet Care which serves the unique needs of company vehicles.
BSRO also serves its customers through their ownership of Credit First National Association (CFNA), which issues private label credit cards for a number of retailers. Headquartered in Bloomingdale, Illinois, BSRO employs nearly 22,000 people and is part of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.
RETAIL SALES TRAINEES | STORE MANAGERS
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.