ConnectiCare was incorporated in 1981 as a non-profit, Connecticut-licensed HMO (health maintenance organization) and has remained in Farmington, Connecticut throughout its history.
ConnectiCare was started with the mission of establishing a health plan that would truly care about improving the health of its members. ConnectiCare has further built on that mission by helping its members better manage their health. ConnectiCare services approximately 230,000 individuals in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
In 2011, ConnectiCare was ranked #1 health plan in Connecticut according to Consumer Reports, and in the top 10% of all national health plans on the Consumer Reports/NCQA list of America’s Best Health Plans. ConnectiCare has been in the top ten percent of the country for this ranking since NCQA started the ranking in 2003. Our 2011 ranking demonstrates that our customer service and high quality medical services remain as the foundation for our company. The ranking is based on a combination of member satisfaction, clinical performance, and accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We aim to remain one of highest rated health plans in America and continue to provide our customers with exceptional service.
Here are a few of the highlights of our company:
- ConnectiCare’s Farmington campus contains a high-technology call center and in-house disease management programs. There are over 500 employees based here servicing approximately 230,000 members.
- The company’s high-performing culture coupled with its talented, customer-focused employees has made ConnectiCare an employer of choice in the Greater Hartford region. ConnectiCare’s low voluntary employee turnover rate (below 7%) is exceptional for a company with an in-house call center.
- ConnectiCare has been ranked on Connecticut Magazine’s Top 100 list of largest companies with headquarters in the state.
- We have the highest member-satisfaction scores for customer service and claims processing among our competition in Connecticut.
- ConnectiCare has been ranked number one for having the lowest complaint ratio of all health plans in Connecticut, for six consecutive years.
- ConnectiCare was one of 6 employers awarded “Top Employer”, by the State of Connecticut, for our work attracting, hiring and retaining individuals with disabilities.
- ConnectiCare received a “Runner Up: Innovation-Organizational” award for the creativity of its diversity programs.
- ConnectiCare actively seeks ways to support the local community’s non-profit and health-based organizations. Our employees raised $107,600 for the 2011United Way Campaign, our top giving event. Since 1998, ConnectiCare has contributed over $1.7million to the United Way Community Campaign.
- ConnectiCare has been recognized for its Wellness Rewards program, which rewards employees for participation in a health risk assessment, meeting biometric measures, signing a non-smoking attestation, weight loss, etc.
- On-site fitness center and reimbursement for membership at qualifying fitness clubs
- Competitive, diverse health care options with coverage on the first day of employment
- Savings & Investment Plan (401K) with generous company match and numerous fund options, including target retirement funds.
- Very generous paid time off policy
- Employee matching gift program
- Free on-site parking